Note, that this article is about Prague. If you are interested in Czech republic as well, check this article:
Must see in Czech republic – exclude Prague >>
Prague from bird perspective:
Short video about Prague
In the late night, you might need Taxi. You have to know, that there are two things most hated by tourists in Prague: Taxi and Exchanges. Why? Because of volume of the frauds. The prices for Taxi in Prague are regulated by city hall. The maximum price for 1km is 28CZK – official info – here.
1st line – must see***
- Staré město (Old Town) – include Old Town square and Charles bridge,
- Malá strana (Small city),
- Pražský hrad (Prague castle)
- Židovské mesto (Jewish city)
- Dlouhá třída – (bars and restaurants)
2nd line – Vyšehrad, Náplavka, Petřín, Strahov monastery, Prague castle, Letná**
- Slavín – the cemetery of famous Czechs
- Náplavka – popular chilling and dating place
- Tančící dům
- Church of Sn. Cyril and Sn. Method (creators of today’s Cyrillic, used in Russia and Bulgaria). The church, was the last place where the Czech and Slovak soldiers lost their life in the fight against SS troops after assassination of the Heidrich. Short video.
Stay online – use internet
Czech SIM card
- between metro stations there is no signal,
- in some clubs in very old buildings with more than 1m wide walls you can stay offline.
Jazz and Blues
- Jazz Dock**
very nice club with good air, good atmosphere, to enjoy concert, with big windows, situated on the bank of the river Vltava
- Jazz republic
- Do you dance blues dance? Check the blues dance events in Prague here.
Bars & Clubs & Lounge
In Prague, we have a lot of bars. You will find a lot of bars on the area of the street „Dlouhá třída“.
Quite and clean club with polity service, where you can meet / chat / dance:
Swing / Salsa / Blues / Balboa (see program)
- Aloha bar
- James Dean
Electro and alternative scene
For Salsa, Bachata, Zouk and other latino dancers:
Would You like to meet some Russian speaking friends?
MAINSTREAM & DANCE – for normal people, for each weekend :)
Usually full of people! Good place to meet someone new ;)
- Karlovy lázně
50m from Charles bridge, 5 stages, a lot of turists :)))
very nice view